The following is the Early Intervention Referral Process for Westmoreland County at The Arc of Westmoreland:
1. A concern about your child's development is identified. The concern can be identified by any adult involved in your child's life, including a parent, pediatrician, childcare provider, relative, etc.
2. Your child is referred to Westmoreland Casemanagement & Supports, Inc. for an initial evaluation (or "assessment"), conducted by an independent assessment team. At this point, your child will be assigned a service coordinator (SC).
Westmoreland Casemanagement & Supports, Inc. is the Early Intervention Service Coordination Unit in Westmoreland County for families of children ages birth to three years, who have developmental concerns.
3. The team will conduct a detailed developmental assessment in the child's home or a community setting to determine if they are eligible for services.
4. If your child qualifies for early intervention services, you will be asked to choose a provider. This will determine who will be coming into your home to work with your child for a period of time - every week for the next year, in most cases.
5. To ensure the best quality services with highly skilled and educated therapists,
CHOOSE THE ARC OF WESTMORELAND.
For more information, contact The Arc of Westmoreland at (724) 837-8159.
Back to Early Intervention