ACHIEVA Disability Healthcare Initiative (DHI) is providing statewide leadership on improving access to healthcare for individuals with disabilities through education, public policy and advocacy. We work to increase physical and programmatic access, medical workforce development and education. ACHIEVA works with many stakeholders, including individuals with disabilities and their families, medical professionals, hospitals and health centers, government agencies, educators, insurance companies, foundations and disability advocates to develop viable solutions to increase access to physical healthcare and dental care for people with disabilities.
- ACHIEVA Disability Healthcare Initiative wrote Access to Oral Healthcare for Pennsylvanians with Disabilities: A Rising Public Health Issue (2007)
- Access to Dental Care for People with Disabilities: Challenges and Solutions – A Report to Pennsylvania’s Legislators (2009)
- Access to Healthcare for Women and Girls with Disabilities: A Report to Pennsylvania’s Legislators. (2012)
- Because Every Goddess Deserves Good Healthcare (2013)
- Transition from Pediatrics to Adult Medical Systems for Young Adults with Disabilities or Special Healthcare Needs that outlined seven recommendations for improving access to adult healthcare for those with disabilities or special healthcare needs. (2014)
- ACHIEVA Helps Advance Statewide Oral Health Care Study (2015)
- A Guide for Families and Providers: Helping Young Adults Manage Healthcare Transition (Brochure 2015)
In addition to these reports, ACHIEVA Disability Healthcare Initiative also created a website on healthcare for peoples with disabilities (www.personfirsthealth.org) that features a broad range of information and resources to educate key policymakers.
For more information about ACHIEVA Disability Healthcare Initiative, please contact Melissa Allen at (412) 995-5000 x569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.