Achieva offers a Preschool Readiness program for children who utilize Achieva Early Intervention services as they prepare for the transition to preschool.
A broad range of learning and social activities are offered through the preschool readiness program, including:
For more details about Achieva’s Preschool Readiness program in Allegheny County and Washington County, please contact Achieva Early Intervention at 412.995.5000. In Westmoreland County, please contact Achieva at 724.837.8159.
- Directed Free Play - Includes theme-related puzzles, books, etc.
- Circle Time - Includes welcome, discussion and songs
- Snack - Includes getting ready for and having snack time, clean up, making choices and encouraging language cooperation
- Group Activity - Includes arts and crafts, games and fine motor activities
- Gross Motor Activity - Includes moving to music, taking a walk, etc.
- Book Time and Closing Song
If you are concerned that your child is not meeting developmental milestones, your first step is an independent assessment of your child. This evaluation is completed in your home, and will examine all areas of development.
- In Allegheny County, call The Alliance for Infants and Toddlers - 412.885.6000
- In Washington County, call Washington County Human Services - 724.229.2620
- In Westmoreland County, call Westmoreland Casemanagement and Supports, Inc. (WCSI) - 724.837.1808
To ensure the best quality services with highly skilled and educated therapists, choose Achieva for early intervention services.