Throughout the United States, families of adults with intellectual and other disabilities are facing a serious and growing crisis...waiting lists that can delay access to important services for years and even decades. As state and federal budget deficits increase waiting lists grow even longer. Many individuals with disabilities could lose their caregiver at any time, have an emergency or critical need for services.
As a result of ACHIEVA's Capital Campaign: Innovation in Support of People with Disabilities, ACHIEVA has developed a unique public/private partnership model, "A Home of My Own", which assists people with disabilities to move out of their family's homes and into homes of their own.
"A Home of My Own" offers:
• Choice of where to live and with whom
• Customized supports and services
• Reduced wait time for supports and services
• Person-Centered planning
• Observational assessment of community living skills
• Creative blending of government, family and natural supports
• Personalized use of technology to ensure safety and independent living
I ONLY WANTED TO HAVE MY VERY OWN DISHWASHER AND NOW I HAVE ONE OF MY VERY OWN,
IT’S A DREAM COME TRUE.
For more information on "A Home of My Own", please contact Michelle Stockunas at (412) 995-5000 x402 or email@example.com.