ACHIEVA offers a Preschool Readiness program for children who utilize ACHIEVA Early Intervention services as they prepare for the transition to preschool.
A broad range of learning and social activities are offered through the preschool readiness program, including:
- Directed Free Play - Includes theme-related puzzles, books, etc.
- Circle Time - Includes welcome, discussion and songs
- Snack - Includes getting ready for and having snack time, clean up, making choices and encouraging language cooperation
- Group Activity - Includes arts and crafts, games and fine motor activities
- Gross Motor Activity - Includes moving to music, taking a walk, etc.
- Book Time and Closing Song
For more details about ACHIEVA’s Preschool Readiness program in Allegheny County and Washington County, please contact ACHIEVA Early Intervention at (412) 995-5000. In Westmoreland County, please contact ACHIEVA at The Arc of Westmoreland at (724) 837-8159.
To access Early Intervention services in Allegheny County, please contact The Alliance for Infants and Toddlers at (412) 885-6000. In Washington County, please contact Washington County Human Services, 724-229-2620. In Westmoreland County, please contact Westmoreland Casemanagement & Supports, Inc. (WCSI) at (724) 837-1808.
To ensure the best quality services with highly skilled and educated therapists, choose ACHIEVA for early intervention services.