ACHIEVA will proudly present this year’s Awards of Excellence to the following talented individuals, organizations and community groups who have gone above and beyond on behalf of people with disabilities. ACHIEVA strives to support and empower individuals with disabilities and their families, making it our mission to create a community where disability is a distinction that makes no difference. We make it our responsibility to encourage those in the community who advocate for the same mission as ACHIEVA.
The 2017 honorees:
- Excellence in Advocacy - PA Health Access Network (PHAN)
- Excellence in Community Awareness - Bruce Sickler, President, American Airlines, Abilities Employee Business Resource Group
- Excellence in Employment - Iron City Workplace Services (ICWS), Phil Sonnenklar, President
- Excellence in Family Supports - Claudia Stoner and Grant Stoner
- Excellence in Legal Services - Carol Horowitz, Esq., Disability Rights Pennsylvania
- Excellence in Legislative - PA State Representative Dom Costa
- Yvonne Zanos Excellence in Media - Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani, HBO Vice News
- Excellence in Professional Service - Dr. Rory Cooper, Director, University of Pittsburgh Engineering Research Laboratories
- Excellence in Volunteerism - Italian Sons and Daughters of America (ISDA)
- Joe Ott Award - Chaz Kellem, YWCA
- Tony Leech Award - Paul Cline
- Sattler Humanitarian Award - Beth Fulena, Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic with UPMC
The event will be held on Monday, December 4, 2017 at the Sheraton, Station Square, Pittsburgh from 5 - 7 p.m.
To receive an invitation or for more information regarding ACHIEVA's 2017 Awards of Excellence, contact Peggie Watson at 412.995.5000 x420 or email@example.com.