Achieva, an organization that advocates with, empowers, and supports people with disabilities and their families throughout their lives, seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to serve as the Vice President of Competitive-Integrated Employment and Business Operations within the Employment Supports department of its largest service organization, Achieva Support. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Achieva and President of Achieva Support and will be an active member of the Achieva Executive Leadership Team.
Achieva’s Employment Supports department matches workers with disabilities to gainful employment opportunities that correspond with their skills and interests; establishes relationships with businesses to assist them in becoming more inclusive as an employer of people with disabilities; and actively seeks to grow the footprint and impact of the services offered.
At Achieva, we view employment as a cornerstone of living a life of personal significance. As such, supporting the employment of people with disabilities is key to our mission, and our single focus toward that goal is the achievement of competitive-integrated employment (CIE), which means paying workers with disabilities competitive wages, assisting them to find and keep typical jobs in the community where they are integrated with coworkers with and without disabilities, and supporting them to maximize their fullest potential. We do not support the payment of subminimum wages to people with disabilities or the use of congregate facilities to prepare someone for CIE.
Our Core Values are intertwined in all we do to support people. These values are:
- Respect: Value and celebrate everyone.
- Passion: Be dedicated to Achieva’s mission and vision.
- Ethics: Infuse integrity, quality and best practices in everything we do.
- Change: Embrace and drive innovation toward inclusive person-centered practices.
- Team: Inspire, challenge and support each other. If you have a shared vision for the employment of people with disabilities and our values resonate with you, we invite you to apply to be Achieva’s next Vice President of Employment Supports.
If you have a shared vision for the employment of people with disabilities, want to apply your keen business skills to a rewarding opportunity and our values resonate with you, we invite you to apply to be Achieva’s next Vice President of Competitive- Integrated Employment and Business Operations.
For more information about Achieva, see www.achieva.info
This position is directly responsible for leading management-level employees within the Employment Supports Department and indirectly responsible for all employees within the Employment Supports Department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic priorities.
- Develop, implement and monitor stretch goals for all units and programs within the Employment Supports Department.
- Remain current on best practices and current trends as it relates to the employment of people with disabilities.
- Seek and develop new program opportunities, innovation, and service expansion to reach new disability populations and geographic regions consistent with organizational strategic priorities.
- Establish working relationships with internal and external stakeholders that contribute to the achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Actively problem-solve by seeking, developing and implementing viable solutions using appropriate resources.
- Strike a balance between business operations and Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver opportunities and associated requirements.
- Oversee and manage local, state and federal contracts relative to Achieva-run businesses.
- Evaluate departmental procedures to streamline or automate processes.
- Establish and monitor productivity standards for all Employment Supports staff.
- Develop and actively monitor annual budgets, and utilize resources efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with agency, local, state and federal rules, regulations, and contract requirements.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with the human resources department to ensure agency personnel policies and procedures are followed. Take necessary disciplinary action to ensure staff are held accountable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Attributes
- Five-plus years direct experience, with increasing management experience, in the provision of services geared towards assisting people with disabilities to become competitively employed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, rehabilitation science, business administration or related field required. A Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a plus.
- Knowledge of, experience in, and commitment to disability employment best practices and emerging practices, including Employment First, Discovery, Customized Employment, and disability-related Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts.
- Strong business acumen and budget management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in leading people, programs, and innovation/growth.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and organizational management skills.
- Satisfactory Act 34 clearances are required.
Achieva invites interested persons to submit a cover letter that details your fit with the position and a chronological resume to AchievaVP@achieva.info
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department, 412-995-5000, or AchievaVP@achieva.info